Last night, in bed, while he was looking at an old photo on my phone, my husband said… “I miss that time.” He was referring to the day he came to the Philippines after many years that we haven’t seen each other… our relationship uncertain… so many tears and heartaches had faded away and healed in time.
I told him, “I miss that time, too. See? We looked very happy, like we didn’t have any problems at all”… but the truth was that we did. We had so many problems back then. That time, the world was against us, and all we had to hold on to were our LOVE and our promise to each other that no matter what happens, we would find a way to be together… and we did.
Who would think that after so many tears and heartaches… despite many who believed and said we CAN’T… when it seemed almost impossible for us to be reunited, we were brought together by fate, by THE BIG GUY UP THERE who is greater than any HARDSHIPS in life. We got married… we are happy and madly in love with each other to this day.
Now, my husband and I are facing another turning point in our married life… but we know, just like before… WE WILL GET THROUGH IT.
Nothing can break two people WHOSE LOVE IS GENUINE AND STRONG… and this love is made even stronger by FAITH AND PRAYERS.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. (1 Corinthians 13: 4-7)
- Husband (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Vacation (chrissantosra.wordpress.com
- A Husband and a Wife’s Vow (chrissantosra.wordpress.com
- Travails of Marriage (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Divorce (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Heartache with a Dose of Cheeky: Jens Lekman’s I Know What Love Isn’t (leftoffthetracks.com)
- Define Love (casmanio.wordpress.com)
- Love Series: From Love to Contempt? (apropheticwalk.wordpress.com)
- What’s Love Anyway? (lucidgabble.wordpress.com)
- 10 Thoughts on Relationships, Dating and Marriage (inkindle.wordpress.com)
- A Truer Love (inkedpen.wordpress.com)
- Fearless, timeless, love. (awakeningthepsyche.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corithians 13:4-7 Love Your Spouse (highlyfavored74.wordpress.com)
- The power of a praying husband… (heatherlconrad.com)