Do you have a Korean friend? What is your favorite Korean food? If you think you can make an interesting video of any of these two topics, you may want to join the video contest about Korea sponsored by Arirang TV and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea. This contest is open to anyone of any age who is not of Korean descent.
To join, you must select one of the two topics:
- My best Korean friend is… (Introduce your Korean friend and talk about how he/she has made a good impression. Share how he/she has influenced your life.)
- My favorite Korean food is… (Talk about your favorite Korean food and why you like it. If you have cooked it before, or if you have your own special recipe for it, include this in your video.)
The video should not be longer than 3 minutes and should be uploaded on Youtube or any other legal video-sharing website. You may record it on your mobile phone, digital camera, video camera or any other digital device. A video in English or Korean is preferred. If your video is in another language, make sure you submit a detailed description written in Korean or English, together with the application form, to email@example.com. The application form can be downloaded at the homepage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea or simply click this link. The form may also be available at your nearest Korean Embassy or Consulate.
Submission of entries is until August 9, 2013 at exactly 18:00 (Korean local time).
The winning entries will be announced on September 30, 2013. Winners will be notified individually.
Ten prizes are at stake. The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will be awarded a Korean brand car. Each of the two GOLD PRIZE WINNERS will be given a Korean brand laptop. Three contestants will be chosen as SILVER PRIZE WINNERS, and each of them will bring home a Korean brand tablet. Four BRONZE PRIZE WINNERS will each receive a Korean brand digital camera.
For more information, visit the homepage of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: (www.mofa.go.kr)
- Some Korean Food that Will Make Your Mouth Water (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Some Korean Food that You Probably Can’t Stomach (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- What Koreans Like to Eat and Drink on Rainy Days (chrissantosra.wordpress.com)
- Approaching Korean Food: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (onedaylifewithgin.wordpress.com)
- Arirang TV Let’s Speak Korean (koreanvitamin.wordpress.com)
- Korean Food (acpproject.wordpress.com)
- Alex Eats Korea (anneats.wordpress.com)
- Joons Korean Cuisine: Dak Galbi during summer? Oh yeah. (unvoyagegastronomique.wordpress.com)
- Korean-style Burger Sensation (socyberty.com)