The FILIPINO KOREAN SPOUSES ASSOCIATION (FKSA), a highly recognized non-profit organization that seeks to enhance the lives of Filipino-Korean families in South Korea, together with UNITED FILIPINOS WORLDWIDE FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT (UFWCD), is spearheading the “SEARCH FOR MS. MULTICULTURAL 2015”, a friendly competition that aims to improve the camaraderie of foreigners living in South Korea. The pageant, with the theme “FRIENDSHIP, PEACE AND UNITY”, will be held on March 22 at Nongyup Convention Hall in Gangdong Gu, Olympic, Seoul City.
Last year, FKSA successfully held a similar pageant with the title Mr. and Ms. Valentine. Only Filipinos were given the chance to join the pageant, but this year, ALL female foreign residents of South Korea from 22 to 35 years of age are encouraged to participate. This is a great opportunity for foreign women to make friends, showcase their talents and share a part of their culture to the Filipino-Korean community.
To join, a participant should be:
- A foreign woman of any nationality from 22 to 35 years of age (marriage migrant, student, worker or multicultural child) who is either a Korean citizen or a valid visa holder (ARC/SOFA).
- Willing to undergo pageant training in preparation for the multicultural contest
- Preferably recommended by any group/organization and/or individual (The contestant should provide her own attire/costume for each category, but she can ask the support of the organization that recommended her.)
- With good moral character to represent multicultural families in South Korea
Interested participants must fill up an application form to be sent via Email, so the first step is to contact any of the following organizers:
(Deadline of submission of application ends on January 23, so if you think you have what it takes to be the next Ms. Multicultural in South Korea, hurry and grab that phone now! ^^)
- FE KIM – 010-8789-2921 Email address: email@example.com
- GENNIE KIM – 010-2760-7319 Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ROBELYN DIAMZON – 010-4029-1465 Email address: email@example.com
There will be screening of applicants on February 1 at 1:00 in the afternoon. It will be held in HanaDarin Center, 3rd floor of the Hanna Bank Building (Subway Line No. 4, Hansung University Station Exit 3 or 4). (For more information, please feel free to contact the numbers listed above.)
The winners of the pageant will receive the following prizes:
Ms. Multicultural 2015 – 1,000,000 KRW, plus trophy and crown
1st Runner Up – 700,000 KRW, plus trophy and crown
2nd Runner Up – 500,000 KRW, plus trophy and crown
Special Awards will also be given for:
Best in Talent
Best in Casual Dress
Best in Evening Gown
Best in National Costume
Minor Awards include:
Ms. Friendship –
Each contestant who will be chosen for special and minor awards will receive 50,000 KRW.
*** The highest seller of raffle tickets for FKSA/UFWCD fund raising projects will be awarded Ms. Charity and is automatically one of the top five (5) finalists.
Ladies, what are you waiting for? Join and have fun! ^^